Monday 26 August 2013

Stepping Stone to an Officer

The most busiest year, the most studious year, the year of preparation, preparation for engineering exams(2010), 18 hours study a day and you suddenly heard something that flickers your mind to an entirely different world opposite to your career for which you are preparing and working hard and that conversation was about to become an officer in  Defence Services of India through National Defence Academy (NDA) examination that has to be held a week before engineering entrance exam. If you would have been an engineering aspirant what would you do? You will move from that place and so did I. I did not paid much attention to that conversation that time but in the evening I talked about this to my father and they inspire me to fill up that exam form. I inquired about that form in nearby districts post offices as earlier that was only available with district post offices and my town Malerkotla is not a district. Unfortunately I did not found that form in any of nearby districts. As I was an engineering aspirant I did not care about NDA exam and again started the daily routine. After 2 days my mother told me about my uncle who was coming from Jalandhar to nearby town Khanna on the funeral ceremony of our relative so I phoned them and requested them to bring NDA form from Jalandhar and did so and finally I had the form and I  along with my two friends Mohit and Sandeep fill up the form and posted. Now we made a big mistake as we did not note the application number for further inquiry and details. I again did not care and move faster with my studies.
Now the days of final studies after intermediate exams for engineering entrance exams are going on. I was in Ludhiana that time for crash course preparation. I was studying for 18-20 hrs a day and no time for any other activity. My entire focus was on my entrance exams and like all other days my mother ranged me up and as the conversation was going she told me that we received an admit card of NDA written exam which was a week before AIEEE exam for which I was preparing hard and I told my mother that I not going for NDA exam as I did not want to waste a day that I can use for my preparation. The next day evening my mother phoned me as regularly and told me that my papa is upset as I am not going for NDA exam and I at once make up my mind to go for exam. He sent me money to go to Chandigarh to take up the exam. I with the intention of outing along with Sandeep went to Chandigarh for exam on 18 April 2010 and we return back to our P.G. in evening. I again concentrate my mind towards AIEEE exam and with full preparation I took up the exam.
Sometimes you do not know what is going to happen with your life and where should it go. The things for which you render your whole life never pay you back but the things that you did not imagine about become the goal and dream of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment