Saturday 7 September 2013

Begining of a new era...

Oh finally the day comes when I was going to enter in a new era, a new world. World of most respected uniform, bullets, snipers, Jet planes and a tag of an officer. It was October 1,2010 my cousin dropped me from my Aunt's home to railway station Dehradun near M.C.O. and here the officials of Indian Air Force and other candidates were already present. They were checking the interview call letters and assigning the respective bus to go to the selection board. I also got my documents verified and moved to the respected bus and the feeling of a little fear and excitement was engraving me. I was totally blank and just thinking what will happen?
Oh the moment came and the bus moves into selection centre. We were lined up and there were about 140 candidates and we are provided with chest numbers and I got number 37 and the tests begin after that. First of all we face Pilot Aptitude and Battery Test (PABT). This a once in a lifetime test. I f you fail once then you cannot become a pilot in Indian Air Force. It is considered that IQ of a person cant be increased or decreased so other chance is not an option here. This test contains two parts. One is INSB which is a written test based on the instruments of the jet plane. If you clear the first one, only then you are supposed to appear in the second part of the test which is machine based test. Luckily I was through to instrumentation test and appeared in the machine test. Its likely to play Video Game  in actual. A small ball appeared in the screen of the machine and it was considered as our virtual jet plane and we have to control that ball following some instructions given by the authorities. I played that as a video game based on instructions given by them. The test was over and the result was to be declared at the end of all the tests.
It was already 8 in the evening and stomach was bitterly craving for something to eat and the about after half an hour they show us the way of mess and I jumped to plate and gathered my food and oh it was not cooked well but is was awesome for a empty tummy. Then the coordinator call the candidates to line up and he gave instructions and bade us good night and we move into our respective barracks and slept early as  next day we have to wake up for screening test at 5 in the morning. GOOD NIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment